Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Deep-Dish Pizza Recipe



*gasp* A picture! For once, I am actually posting a picture of one of my recipes! It is a task which I had been procrastinating forgetting since my last post... I have still been trying lots of new recipes... cinnamon rolls... stir fry... and others... but I just don't ever like the way my pictures turn out (so, if you have any tips on food photography, they would be very much appreciated!!).
Although this picture doesn't do it justice, tonight I made Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza from America's Test Kitchen (if you follow the link, all you have to do is enter your email to view some of the "free" recipes on their site... not many, but I think it's worth it!). The crust is flaky and buttery, the sauce is sweet and rich- the only thing I wasn't completely happy with about this recipe was the cheese. It wasn't exactly the texture I was looking for. But, the problem may have been that we didn't use whole milk mozzarella because we couldn't find it... I think it's possible that the whole milk cheese might have a more...cheesy texture?
Anyway, if you've enjoyed a Lou Malnati's deep-dish (or something similar), but don't live near a restaurant, this is a great, fun recipe to try. Just be sure to start early in the afternoon so you'll have enough time to let the dought rise (two 45 minute periods)!

What are your favorite pizza toppings?

No comments: